Newbie Student Mafia XXIX
Host: kitaman27; Co-host: Mocsta
Questions may be sent to either of us. Night actions should be sent to all hosts!
+ Show Spoiler [Important posts] +
Mafia is an educated guessing game of epic proportions. The objective of the game is to lynch or kill all mafia members before they outnumber the rest of the town. It's much like a game of poker because mafia members are also part of the town during the day and may manipulate the vote to their liking. If the mafia at any time outnumber or equal the townspeople, they win. The town's goal is to lynch all the members of the mafia.
The game is typically very active, so the thread may grow large quickly. However, it is essential to read the thread to play the game. If you do not have the time or patience to read the whole thread, do not play.
Cheating includes (but is not limited to):
- Posting after death. You may have one polite goodbye post; but it may not contain any potentially game-changing information.
- Ruining the game by doing something like hand out your mafia's member list to the town.
- Logging on to someone else's account to get their role or looking over someone's shoulder to get their role.
- Comparing role PM times to determine roles.
- Posting screenshots of your inbox.
- Posting any PM you receive from a host.
- Getting yourself modkilled to help your team. Your non-majority-decided death may not be used as a bargaining chip.
- Signing up more than once using smurf accounts.
- Betting items outside of the game in exchange for in-game benefits.
- Sharing accounts with other players. Only you may post on your account.
- Posting the link to any QT's you have.
- You may not reveal or hint about the identity of your coach. You may not refer to any idea, course of action, etc. as something that was suggested by your coach.
The color blue is reserved for the hosts of the game to make our posts easy to notice. Please do not use it.
The color green is reserved for questions by players for the hosts during pre-game.
Once the game begins, please PM the hosts with any questions.
Smurfs must PM the host because TL doesn't allow multiple accounts otherwise. If the host is unaware of smurfs, you (and/or your smurf) can be banned for having multiple accounts
Editing is not allowed for any reason. Editing will result in a warning. After that, you will be modkilled. This is the one part of the site where it is okay to be double posting, even triple-posting. "Editing" includes indirect editing like linking an image, then editing the image. Editing your profile or signature are allowed, but if you edit them for any game-related reasons (ie, breadcrumbing, sending messages, etc) this will be considered out-of-thread posting and will be punished.
Inappropriate posts and use of the report post link:
If you want to post something insulting or inappropriate and know the TL mods would have a problem with it elsewhere, don't post it here. If you do, a host will warn you or modkill you and request that you be banned from future games. The hosts have the final say on what is inappropriate. If you do not like how someone is talking to you, please PM a host, or Blazinghand before involving the TL moderation staff or using the report post link. If you are unsatisfied with how the situation is resolved, then you can appeal to the TL staff normally.
Please wait until this game is over to talk about modkills and bans resulting from this game.
Play to win.
This means you play your best to help your team win while you are alive and in the game. However, this does not mean that you should try to win by being a jerk to the other players so they all want to quit playing.
This also means that you cannot leave the game without a good reason without a ban. These situations will be dealt with on a case by case basis. PM your host if you need to leave the game.
Out of thread communication:
It is common for players whose roles permit out of thread communication (e.g. mafia, masons) to use a medium outside of TL such as QuickTopics or IRC to communicate during the game. Other players may not attempt to infiltrate such communication channels. Players who have not explicitly been given permission to communicate outside the thread are not allowed to do so.
- Voting is done in a separate voting thread that will be posted at the start of the game. Do not PM your vote to the hosts, it will not be counted.
- Please vote in the following format: ##Vote kavdragon. Votes must be in bold, and votes not written in the correct fashion may not be counted.
- No conditional voting.
- You may vote only for other living players in the thread. You may not vote for yourself.
- This game uses plurality voting, so whoever has the most votes at the end of the day is lynched. There is no minimum number of votes required to lynch someone. If there is a tie for most votes, whoever most recently had more votes than the other is the person who is up for the lynch.
- The person who is up for the lynch is whoever has the most votes. Bringing another player up to that number of votes doesn't put him up for the lynch; s/he has to have the most votes.
- Voting is mandatory. You may NOT abstain.
6 spots in this game are reserved for new players*. The other 7 spots in this game are open to anyone, but new players still take priority and can possibly bump other players from these spots. These numbers are flexible, but the goal is to bring new members in and give them a chance to play. If you're a forum regular, please bear in mind there will be newbies in this game and act appropriately to introduce them to TL Mafia.
* new player - played in 3 or fewer previous TL mafia games. That means if this would be your 4th game, you are eligible
Signup for the game by posting /in in the thread if you are new, or /in: Open if you are not.
You are responsible for being aware when the game begins. I will send a PM to players one (1) day before starting.
If you learn you cannot play when I PM you, please let me know ASAP.
This game follows the TL Mafia Ban List. If you are modkilled, your punishment will go beyond being eliminated from this game. Please refer to it for questions about your punishment. If you want to use this game to sit out your ban, post in the Ban List.
Modkills will be used at the host's discretion.
This game uses replacements up until the end of night two for emergency reasons only. Players who are inactive or fail to vote will not be replaced automatically.
If you are unable to continue playing for a legitimate reason and require a replacement, inform the host(s) via PM. Do not post about it in the thread and do not contact the standby players on your own accord.
The role PMs and day/night posts are purely flavor text. There are no clues.
PMs and out of thread communication are not allowed in this game, unless your role explicitly allows them.
You are expected to keep up with the thread and participate in discussion daily. If for some reason you anticipate that you will not be available for a period longer than 24 hours, please notify a host ahead of time.
I will be looking for at least 3 posts per cycle, so 1 post every 24 hours. Players will not be removed from the game for activity or failure to vote, but may face post game punishment.
This game will follow a 48 hour day/24 hour night cycle. Upon reaching the deadline, the game will be put on hold until the next day or night post is posted. Any votes or night actions timestamped up to and including XX:59 will count; those at or after XX:00 will not.
Once the deadline has been reached, you must not post in the thread until the game is resumed by the next daypost or nightpost. Do not wait until the very last moment to try to post!
The deadline for each cycle will be 22:59 GMT (+00:00).
Thanks to cohosts, coaches and players.
Thanks to every active member of the TL mafia community.
- It's already in the rules, but remember, no editing. If you feel you must correct your post, please make a second post to clarify your statements. You may put EBWOP ("Edit by way of post," a handy acronym invented by semioldguy) at the beginning of your post to indicate that you are clearing up a point you made. If your EBWOP post is several posts after your original, please quote your original post in your EBWOP post for the sake of clarity.
- Only sign up if you know you will have the time available to properly play the game. It is essential that players remain active in a newbie game, so only /in if you are able to play to your fullest.
- If there is any sort of issue, you are unsure about some mechanic, or you are just wondering if your devilish scheme is even allowed, feel free to PM the host(s). Don't feel shy; these games are meant to be a place to learn and be open.
- Behave as gentlemen (or ladies). Things get heated here, but personal attacks will not be acceptable, and will be dealt with accordingly. Remember, this is a game; have fun and happy scumhunting!
- Please do not talk about any ongoing games either in-game or pre-game. This can affect other games and is unacceptable. Please do not refer to outside-of- thread activity of players in this thread.
- If you receive coaching, don't tell town about it.