Liquipedia is Hiring!
Liquipedia MediaWiki Developer
Job Title: Wiki Developer
Type: Full Time
Location: Candidates that are able to permanently relocate to Utrecht, NL and work at our Utrecht HQ will be preferred. EU citizens will be preferred.
Reports to: Head of Liquipedia
A successful candidate is:
- A self starter. As only our second MediaWiki developer, the candidate will have to work on some projects on their own.
- A team player. Liquipedia is a community-driven project, and the candidate will be collaborating with volunteers and other Team Liquid staff on a daily basis.
- A wiki contributor. Understanding the culture of Liquipedia is essential in creating a healthy wiki environment.
- An organized developer. With numerous projects across different wikis, the candidate must be able to manage their time and workload to accomplish tasks on schedule.
- An esports fan. Liquipedia is dedicated to the documentation of esports, and a passion for different games is essential in the development of our wikis.
Required skills, experience and equipment:
- Mastery of PHP, MediaWiki, and CSS.
- Strong understanding of web application security and secure coding practices.
- Excellent verbal and written English.
- Previous experience as a MediaWiki developer is preferred.
- A degree is not required but preferred.
- Ability to take care of one's self and live with others highly preferred.
Our MediaWiki Developer will be in charge of creating mediawiki extensions tailored to Liquipedia. They will also be encouraged to propose and suggest potential upgrades and features that can improve the ease-of-use and presentation of our wikis. The MediaWiki Developer will work with our wiki team as well as our volunteers in cultivating a productive and efficient wiki environment.
To apply, please send us an email with your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Attn: MediaWiki Developer Application". Application period will end once the position has been filled.