This morning, YY90163, an official channel created by Netease(the distributor of HS in China) to broadcast Blizzard games, posted an interview with Hearthstone Executive Producer, Hamilton Chu, about the future of Hearthstone. Below is a translation from the original text.
1. There will be new paid content, but it won't affect game balance. This includes new heroes for each classes (eg, you will be able to switch Grom the Warrior with Varian), new card backs. new game board, etc.
2. We won't consider adding non-WoW elements to HS.
3. We will observe and decide the duration of the open beta.
6. More rewards will be added for the ladder, like the new card backs.
7. There will be Achievements!
9. 2v2 isn't in development currently because we're focusing on perfecting 1v1.
10. The PC client is already pretty stable and the iPad version will be released soon.
11. All cards are obtainable without paying. This is not going to change.
12. Cards balancing will be less frequent after open beta.
14. An expansion pack is planned. There will be between 100 and 200 new cards.
15. We will not follow the Magic the gathering way of releasing new cards.
16. There is no plan for a skill points system.
17. Hamilton Chu's favorite class is Warlock.
18. I hope everyone can get legendary!